Little Black Stone
This pattern was developed by Johnny Utah and in the featured video is tied by Tim Flagler of Tight Line Productions. The application of CDC for the body and the consruction of the wing is different from the more common versions. Follow the video to see how the body and wing are constructed.
- Hook: 1x dry fly hook in size 16
- Thread: 8/0 (70 denier) black
- Body: natural gray CDC feather wrapped around the hook
- Wing: dark partridge or hen breast feather
- Hackle: grizzly (clip the bottom fibers off the finished fly)
To watch a video of Tim tying this pattern click on the following link: