Light Cahill Emerger
Emergers are always a good choice when hatches are under way. Trout will often favor emergers over duns knowing that they are easier to catch. The picture on the right shows how the wings are split.
Biot Light Cahill Emerger
- hook: curved light wire emerger hook size 14
- thread: cahill (light) tan 8/0
- body: cahill tan goose biot*
- wing: light dun CDC - split wings to form a "V"
- shuck: ginger zelon with mallard flank fibers on top
* The biots used in these recipes provide segmentation which produces a more realistic appearance; however, dubbing can be substituted if you don't have cahill dyed biots available.